Be yourself. Be free!

Be yourself. Be free!

Translate

Sonntag, 5. April 2015

Spontaneous Easter Snack

So as my mom decited to invite the family over for easter just a day ago I came up with a quick menu to serve some goodies to them. Well menu should not be the right word here...
The cake I made I showed to you already yeasterday. today I came up with the spontaneous idea of having some stuffed puff pasties. Later I will also make an egg salad and some veggies.

I hope you are all having a great holiday and enjoy some spare time with your family! Have fun in the kitchen! <3


Pizza Puff pastry (Makes around 20):

  • 25g butter
  • 250g flour
  • 1 egg
  • pinch of salt
  • 125-150 ml water
  • homemade pesto
  • sundried tomatoes
  • cream cheese
  1. Melt butter and mix with flour
  2. Add egg and salt and stir the crumbely dough
  3. Add water one by one until the batter reaches a good consistancy
  4. Let sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes
  5. Roll dough as good as you can ( mine was very hard to handle because it was very stiff)
  6. Spread some more butter on one half and sprinkle edges of the other half with water
  7. Fold over dough in the middle and roll evenly once more
  8. Fold over the dough once more so it gets to the size of one third
  9. Roll out once more and repeat folding in once more
  10. Let dough sit for another 20 minutes
  11. Roll out dough for the final filling
  12. You can basically fill the puff pastry with anything you desire, I was using homemade pesto (let me know if you are interested in the recipe), cream cheese and sundried tomatoes
  13. Bake pastries for about 20 minutes 200°C
  14. Enjoy once cooled down <3

3 Kommentare: