Be yourself. Be free!

Be yourself. Be free!

Translate

Mittwoch, 2. März 2016

Zucchini Protein Balls

So the thing I really like about instagram is how fast trends spread and how creative people get to give this new trend a personal touch. If you don't know what I am talking about just keep on reading as I am willing to diagress about the german trend hastaged #topfenknödelgang.

I do not really know who started it but it really took over every german foodblog on instagram immensly fast. So if you want to be an everchanging hipster in this foodblogging world - obviously you would not have waffles or pancakes for breakfast like you used to have when that was 'in style'. Speaking of pancakes... as I did not have them in such a long while I should probably start a #bringbackthepancakes asap. Anyways what seems to be the latest obsession and group activity turns out to be the one thing you've missed all life. And I do really mean that. YOU MISSED SOMETHING - now get down to it and finally have a bite of the most delicious protein power balls you'll ever try. Actually I do know that 'balls' is probably not the most proper translation but anyways it gives me the chance to think that I eventually made someone lough today - which is close enough for me ;)

Back to these #topfenknödel which would be the german equivalent - not are these heavenly delicious and nutrient dense - fitting into your macros like you were just waiting for them- no they are also sooo easy to make, which for me - hungry as soon as I wake up- makes things a lot easier.

What I was gonna say in the first place though, maybe you remember me saying it amazes me how creative people get to give this new trend a personal touch, is how I like what people are doing to the original recipe. There are so many variations, I really don't even know the original recipe. You can put almost everything into the center of these delicious balls or around them, plus can even vary the ingredients of the surrounding - which is what I did. Viola here you have my secret recipe on how I added more volume and removed some of the carbs to these goddesses (If that's the correct plural form..). 

I am introducing to you my Zuccini Topfenknödel or short #zopfenknödel 



Proteinballs (Serves 1):

  • 200g low fat greek joghurt
  • 40g oats
  • 60g grated zucchini
  • 1 sccop (30g) protein powder
  • 1 egg
  • anything you like for stuffing - I was using raspberries
  • coconut or what you like for coating
  1. Mix all ingredients except your stuffing and coating. Make sure you drain your zucchini first pressing out as much of the liquid as possible.
  2. Set aside to let the mixture bond a little.
  3. Meanwhile bring water to a boil in a small saucepan.
  4. Cover your hands slightly with water so it's easier to form the balls.
  5. Put the stuffing into the center of the ball and fully cover it.
  6. Let the balls slip into the boiling water and wait for them to swim on top.
  7. Slowly remove them fom the water and immedeatly roll in your coating.
  8. Serve warm or cold with anything you would like to have it with - I also ate a serving of coconut yogurt aside!
  9. Enjoy your creative, clean breakfast <3

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen