Be yourself. Be free!

Be yourself. Be free!

Translate

Freitag, 4. März 2016

How to fix your broken pancake...

So this pancake story is about to turn into a deep psychological observation - you better grab a snack and take your time to think about life and the universe. Just kidding. Still there is one thing I would like to talk about with you - the one thing psycologists call resilience. Resilience basically is the word that describes the procedure of bouncing back after something bad happened to you. As I am planning on taking a seminar on this theme at work I am thinking about this topic a lot. Spoiler alert : this will become more psychotic and crazy than I actually intented it to be in the first place - BUT there will be a recipe at the happy end.

For me personally I can say that resilience is not my biggest strength. Actually at some days I am not even able to try at all - which basically shows in me crying on the floor asking why all of that always just happens to me and how I am the person who does never achieve anything while everyone is just the best at life. So as you might have noticed I am a real talent at getting up after I fell all the time - but some days I am also able to keep my shit together - no worries!

Why I want to talk about this topic though and what the heck it has to do with pancakes you want to know? 

Well for myself I was learning a lot about how a positive mind can affect your current mood and how much your current mood does affect your overall life - duh! As a bad mood is able to hurt your social life as well as your work area, most of all: your well-being, a good mood is also able to push things up a lot. So reselience is an important tool in your life to make things so much easier yet way better. To me - realizing how moody I can become and how it affects my social life was a first yet important step to building up my resilience. I am grateful to have this blog to express my emotions sort of like I could in a diary and I am greatful for all chances life gives me to build up me reilience, including the course I am hopefully gonna take at work. Maybe this post does nothing but help myself by putting my thoughts into written words but maybe even one person reads this and feels great about it which would be more than amazing.

Bringing the word back to the pancake; what I want to introduce to you today is what the internet translator would call a 'sugared pancake with raisins' - or what I would translate as the 'german traditional pancake' (even though it might be austrian, who cares?!); the Kaiserschmarrn. 

This recipe calls to make one giant pancake - a dreampancake you bake in the largest pan you have. Doesn't that sound just amazing? Right! This refers to your perfect goal you want to achieve. Once you poured all your batter into the pan it looks all good and you can already imagine your pancake on the biggest plate you own, but as soon as you try to turn it around it breakes into large pieces. Your perfect plan just got torn apart. Your pancake is broken and so is your dream. But then you look at it from a new perspective. How about cutting your giant pancake into a bunch of small ones - will they still taste amazing? They sure will! And your plans that did not work out how you wanted them to? Do they still have a chance to result in a great outcome? They sure do!

So this little - and I got to admit also wierd - connection shows us that everything happens for a reason, even if you feel like your whole world is breaking apart - try to look at it from a different angle. Same counts for relationships. You have had trouble in your relationship lately? Maybe your partner is stressed out from work. Your mom is yelling at you for no good reason? Maybe she is afraid of you growing up and leaving the house. 

I do not want to teach you to psychologically look at your life all the time. But please remember if you feel like nothing goes right - just go left...

... and turn your pancakes into a glorious Kaiserschmarrn!



Kaiserschmarren (serves 2):


  • 100g oat flour
  • 4 eggs devided
  • 1 Tbsp apple sauce
  • a dash of salt
  • 100ml sparkling water
  • 100ml almond milk
  • 1 Tsp vanilla
  1. Devide your eggs and beat the eggwhites until they are stiff.
  2. Lightly coat a large pan with coconut oil or whichever oil you like most.
  3. Mix the eggyolks with the remaining ingredients, gently folding in the eggwhite at the end. If you don't want to use sparkling water feel free to sub almond milk or just regular water - sparkling water is just going to make the dough more fluffy.
  4. Add half the dough into the pan and wait for the bottom to brown slightly.
  5. Devide your dough into four pieces which makes it easier to turn the giant pancake.
  6. Gently turn the pancake in four parts and continue cutting your pancake into small pieces.
  7. Wait until your kaiserschmarrn is fully cooked through and serve with any topping you like - I highly recomment the typical applesauce - raisin - powdered combination which is how they serve it in the german mountains!
  8. Enjoy your german pancake <3


.   .   .   take some time off for yourself   .   .   .

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen